Theo Wanne GAIA 3 Alto 7 Hard Rubber
Infused with the spirit of Dexter Gordon and built to outplay Theo's very best new and vintage Otto Links. Theo succeeded!
The GAIA 3 tenor and alto mouthpieces were built to outplay any vintage or new Otto Link style mouthpieces! And WOW does it ever!
The GAIA 3 has evolved into work of art and is now the most technically advanced mouthpiece Theo has ever made. Not just the Shark Gill™ baffle, but the entire design is filled with design secrets. It takes the huge, warm and free sound the GAIA 1 or 2 mouthpiece have become famous and iconic for, to a whole new level. It has greatly increased projection, flexibility, and a freedom of expression that really must be experienced.
The GAIA is played by Karl Denson touring with the Rolling Stones, by Leon Silva on Ariana Grande’s song ‘Problem’. Hear the song ‘HERE’. , and Ian Hendrickson-Smith with Ed Sheeran. Robert Martin, who was Frank Zappa’s saxophonist for 20 years had this to say about the GAIA:
“Just – wow! Theo, you nailed The GAIA Tenor Mouthpiece! It has a vast playground of expressive possibilities. It’s round and warm, yet easy to get the right amount of grit and bite. It has an immediacy of response everywhere on the horn. Every pitch is centered and speaks instantly. Fast runs sound amazingly clean and precise. Theo, how did you do that? Furthermore, if Dexter Gordon were with us today, I bet he’d be playing a Theo Wanne™ GAIA!” – Robert Martin (Frank Zappa for 20 years)
The GAIA 3 lends itself well to a traditional Jazz taste, but due to its amazing flexibility, it is at home in any style of playing. It comes in 24K gold plated or a unique thin-body premium hard rubber which has mazing vibratory qualities.
The GAIA 3 has a medium roll-over Shark Gill™ baffle, precision-sculpted inner sidewalls, and our True-Large-Chamber™ which is similar to the vintage mouthpieces of the 1940s but more evolved in design. Take a close look at our baffles, rails, and True-Large-Chambers™, you will see they are manufactured with a quality and accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece ever made, vintage or new!
“Having tried many types of mouthpieces over the years, Theo Wanne products embody all the great qualities; tone, projection and color. His mouthpieces are one of kind.” – Dwayne Dugger (currently with Bruno Mars; recorded Uptown Funk on the GAIA)
- Built to outplay Theo’s very best Vintage Florida Otto Link. Theo succeeded!!!
- Inspired by the genius of Dexter Gordon.
- Full, rich, and fat traditional sound with a big projection and plenty of edge.
- Includes our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Ligature: The metal GAIA 3 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads.