Theo Wanne GAIA 4 Soprano
The GAIA 4 soprano mouthpiece has a major upgrade!
The GAIA soprano series has been VERY popular, providing modern projection, along with the vintage large chamber sound. The GAIA 4 updates this concept MUCH farther, with a completely new Large-Stadium Chamber™ and updated Shark Gill Baffle™ design. It now has significantly more presence, similar to mouthpieces such as the Selmer Soloist, but with the full bodies beauty the GAIA has become famous for. This is a major upgrade!
With the addition of the AMBIKA soprano mouthpiece, which truly captures the warm large chamber soprano sound, the GAIA 4 moves further into the full bodied core sound, which we hope you love as much as we do.
“And there it is! The soprano piece Ive been longing for all these years! It sings in all registers, pp – ff, in tune, open yet focused, and fat sounding like a sax should be. The GAIA soprano is stunning, and suits me perfectly!”
– Jan Garbarek (Keith Jarrett, George Russell, Grammy Nominee, 31 Internationally Acclaimed Albums)
For decades musicians asked Theo for the perfect large chamber soprano mouthpiece. He modified vintage Buescher and Slant Otto Link (among other) vintage mouthpieces. Each of these had wonderful characteristics, but none were the ‘whole package.’ So Theo designed the GAIA series of soprano mouthpieces. The feedback has been overwhelming relief from many players who finally found the mouthpiece giving them the sound they always desired, but didn’t even know it because nothing like has existed before!
“It’s the mouthpiece I’ve been looking for since I started playing the soprano saxophone. It’s absolutely incredible!!! Thank you soooo much!”
– Professor Matthias Anton
Like all Theo Wanne™ mouthpieces, the GAIA 4 is manufactured with accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece, vintage or new, and uses the highest quality materials in its construction. The GAIA 4 is truly revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction. It opens up the creative genius inside!
- Modern projection with a full rich, fat, and robust sound never before heard from a soprano mouthpiece.
- Revolutionary in marrying the benefits of vintage design and modern construction.
- Includes our newly designed Large-Stadium-Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on globe logo on metal mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.