Theo Wanne MANTRA Soprano Sax
The MANTRA saxophone is the most advanced soprano saxophone available today.
The MANTRA sounds full, fat and robust, more like the alto and tenor saxophones. It has incredible altissimo, and integrates many new innovations and features. The legendary Courtney Pine, among many others, have switched to the MANTRA.
“The MANTRA is a new chapter in Soprano Saxophone History. You must try the new Theo Wanne Mantra soprano, it will take your playing to another higher level. I effortlessly get a full five octaves.” – Courtney Pine (Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), and Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE))
The MANTRA soprano’s innovations include new ergonomics, ‘boundary-layer-effect’ (similar to a shark’s skin which allows it to glide better through water), Theo’s angled three-ring-strap-hook, improved bore design, advanced key adjustments. The result? The warmest, fattest, and more beautiful sounding soprano ever made!
The MANTRA comes in three styles:
- Straight – The classic straight soprano. Big full and clear sound. Comes in Platinum or Vintified finishes.
- Tipped Neck – The tipped neck adds warmth and texture to the sound. The horn body is angled down for comfort as well. Comes in vintified finish with gold lacquer keys only.
- Curved – A bit brighter and livelier. Big super clean sound that is easy to hear as the bell points upwards. Comes in vintified finish with gold lacquer keys only.
The MANTRA does not come with a mouthpiece so you can choose what is right for you. We recommend the following:
• For a brighter sound the DURGA mouthpiece is the perfect choice.
• For a darker sound the GAIA mouthpiece is the perfect choice.