Theo Wanne BRAHMA Soprano Mouthpiece
Our ALL NEW super-full-bodied small chamber soprano mouthpiece!
The BRAHMA soprano is the evolution of the traditional small chamber soprano mouthpiece, such as the Selmer, Vandoren, Otto Link, etc. mouthpieces. BRAHMA uses the fundamental features of these mouthpieces, such as a small chamber & flat side-walls, but updated with Theo’s new design technologies, which is why you will notice the interior looks quite different (more in-depth descriptions on the DESIGN & INNOVATION tab above):
Twisted-Walls: Flat-sidewall that ‘twists’ into the chamber.
- Wave-Baffle: The baffle is shaped in the form of a sine-wave, adding fullness and sparkle to the sound.
- Theo’s proprietary chamber: A unique ‘elongated-oval’ shape is used to transition from baffle to chamber.
- Shark-Gill-Baffle: The arced lines you see on the baffle. Patented by Theo Wanne.
Small-Stadium-Chamber: Shape like a Football Stadium, the Small-Stadium-Chamber™ gives tremendous projection.
- Elliptical Window: Efficiently focuses the airstream into the mouthpiece.
These features allow the BRAHMA to do-it-all. From ballads to rock & roll, this is the most versatile mouthpiece we make. It has a very large core sound and great projection, while still maintaining a traditional ‘dark’ sound.
Manufactured by Theo Wanne™ using the highest technology in the market for both consistency and accurate reproduction of the new design. The BRAHMA is available in premium hard rubber. We only use pure hard rubber with no accelerants, additives or carbon black. It is pure, like the vintage hard rubber from the 1930’s through 50s.
Video Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejb6jdu0q4E
- Great for almost every musical style including Ballads, Jazz, and Rock & Roll.
- Massive sound, while also being ‘dark’ and vintage sounding at the same time.
- Truly a unique sound/design maximizing the potential of airflow. There’s nothing else like it!
- Radical, proprietary Small-Stadium-Chamber and patented Shark-Gill chamber.
- Flat side walls and uniquely shaped roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here
- Ligature: The BRAHMA includes our Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world.Try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. Protect your tip and table when not playing!
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads.
- California residents please click here for Proposition 65 WARNING