Theo Wanne DURGA 4 Alto 8 Hard Rubber
The new DURGA 4 has an even bigger, richer, contemporary sound. It is powerful and warm sounding simultaneously. So it can scream and play amazing ballads. No longer does the saxophonist need to have a thin sound in order to get huge power and projection. sound is just downright sexy!
With its Inverted Power Ring, feedback has been that the DURGA 4 does everything the DURGA 3 did, just better. Indeed this was our intention, as the DURGA has become a classic in the saxophone world and we didn’t want to change the base sound signature. The secret to the DURGA 4 comes from Theo’s latest research and development, coming up with a newly designed baffle coupled with conical inner side walls and a special version of our True Large Chamber incorporating an Inverted-Power-Ring™. The Inverted Power Ring™ is set at the back of the chamber and works with the physics principle of ‘boundary layer effect’ much like a golf ball’s dimples. This allows the mouthpiece to get all the benefits of our True Large Chamber AND the extra power needed for contemporary playing.
No other mouthpiece in history has been designed like this; it will blow you away since it can both scream and play a soft ballad. It is so much fun to play! Its huge sound makes everything before it sound thin and/or stuffy by comparison. Click on the video link here to listen!
The DURGA tenor is also being used on tour with Marcus Anderson (Prince), Adrian Crutchfield (Bette Midler), Tim Izo Orindgreff (Black Eyed Peas), Mark Douthit (Elton John) and by such Superstars such as Dino Saldo! The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2 and 3 with more fullness and core to the sound, extending the dynamic range of your horn, and a greater sense of ‘freedom of expression’.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Uniquely shaped long step baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on logo.
- Ligature: The metal DURGA 3 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. Try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.
- California residents please see Proposition 65 WARNING