Theo Wanne Lakshmi Alto Sax Mouthpiece
The LAKSHMI is the evolution of the traditional vintage alto sound!
The traditional alto sound but, yet sweet and expressive too. Not too bright, or too dark, but the perfect balance. It is the evolution of the traditional Meyer-type alto sound. But, it has our new Large-Stadium-Chamber, so it has tons of core too.
“I have been on a journey for several years to find a mouthpiece that would cover the “full spectrum” of the music and styles I love and play. The Lakshmi has finally achieved that goal. It’s a really amazing mouthpiece! I used to use a vintage mouthpiece that came from Dexter’s widow. The LAKSHMI is far superior! Theo is the only one qualified to carry on the legacy of the great vintage mouthpiece manufacturers.”
– Glenn Zottola (Chick Corea, Benny Goodman, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Tormé, Louis Armstrong)
It uses a unique and proprietary Elongated-Roll-Over-Baffle, as well as Theo’s new Large-Stadium Chamber. The Large-Stadium-Chamber™ is a technologically advanced version of a traditional large chamber, combining True-Large Chamber sections with Medium Chamber sections for a focus and core that is incredible while maintaining the full, rich sound of a Vintage True-Large-Chamber. The ‘Stadium-Chamber’ name comes from its shape, which approximates the shape of a sports stadium. The LAKSHMI projects very well, but never sounds harsh or thin, just a big, dark and sweet sound.
The LAKSHMI Alto lends itself well to straight-ahead Jazz, but is equally at home in big bands or in any style of playing, as it has very good projection. It comes in two materials, 24k Reticulated gold, and premium, vintage-style Hard Rubber
Take a close look at our baffles, rails, and chambers, you will see they are manufactured with a quality and accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece ever made, vintage or new!
- Successfully designed to outplay Theo’s very best Vintage Meyers!
- Inspired by the genius of Paul Desmond, Phil Woods, and Cannonball Adderley.
- Full, rich, and fat traditional sound with a big projection yet also a sweet sound.
- Includes our newly designed Elongated-Roll-Over-Baffle™ and our new Large-Stadium-Chamber!
- Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on globe logo on metal mouthpiece.
- Ligature: The metal LAKSHMI includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate.
- The Hard Rubber LAKSHMI includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.
Check out Videos: